Did you ever feel stifled from speaking up for yourself or being who you really were as a kid, young person, or adult? Maybe it didn’t feel safe to be you, so you hid in silence in the background, trying not to draw attention to yourself!
Maybe it was safe to speak up for others or speak up in other ways, but there was always a part of you hidden safely away. Protection of self was the only choice available because of the trauma or indoctrinated beliefs. It was just safer to stay quiet and not make waves. You thought you were just keeping the peace!
This book is a collaboration of 13 authors who were featured guests on The Dynamic Thriving Podcast and were invited to use that conversation as the basis for their chapter in UNMUTED VOICES. These women share stories of trauma and indoctrination that caused them to mute their voices and how they could not express life fully.
Over the years, they have realized who they really are and have reclaimed their power and unmuted their voices! The love and joy they express after unmuting their voices is potent energy of hope for healing in the world!
Join each author as they converse with Mary Ann Pack, the podcast host, and Envision Greatness Press publisher, for this impactful collaborative podcast and book project. Each chapter is the conversation they had on the podcast, so as you read, it will feel like you are listening in on the vulnerable, intimate stories shared of trauma to triumph!
- Chapter 1: Muted by Subtle Programming by Kelly Myszkowski
- Chapter 2: Unmute Your Voice: Be Unapologetically You by Lori Raggio
- Chapter 3: Playing it Safe by Lisa Dunford Dickman
- Chapter 4: Selectively Unmuted: The Journal to Becoming Bold by Kathleen Troy
- Chapter 5: From Limiting to Liberating: I Have a Voice! by April Goff Brown
- Chapter 6: Infusing Your Voice with Desire by Angel Johnstone
- Chapter 7: Finding My Voice After Religious Trauma by Elizabeth B. Hill, MSW
- Chapter 8: Unveiling by Tashella K. Smith
- Chapter 9: The Vibe to Thrive by Kristi Borst, Ph.D.
- Chapter 10: The Beauty in Breast Cancer by Bettina Straight
- Chapter 11: Finding Wholeness Within by Lindsey Linton
- Chapter 12: You Deserve to Love and Be Loved by Marilyn Sutherland
- Chapter 13: Beyond Trauma: Writing the World Happy! by Mary Ann Pack
Each author’s experience is very different, yet similar emotions exist around discovering their truth. The love and joy each express is so empowering for the reader. You may see yourself in one or several of these stories. We hope these women will inspire you to find and own your voice!
At the end of every chapter, the authors offer INTEGRATIVE EXERCISES to help you unmute your voice. A RESOURCE page offers some of the processes, books, or programs that assisted the author in finding her voice. You are invited to connect with any authors that resonate with your soul!